- 2 weighing units (kg, lb)
- Counting function (reference numbers freely selectable)
- calibration function (external)
- Battery operation up to 36 hours
- sum function
- Specification of a target number of pieces, acoustic and optical signal when reached
- Robust substructure made of painted cast aluminum
- easy-care plastic housing
- Platform load cell (with DMS technology)
- Stainless steel weighing surface on plastic support
- 3 x 15 mm LCD display
- Adjusting vial
- Height-adjustable feet
In direct comparison to the classic TJ series:
The TJ-Y Series has a more modern design and when the backlighting in the LCD displays is deactivated (on "automatic", the lighting is activated as soon as the weight changes. If the scale is not used, the lighting goes out until the next change), something more energy-efficient than the TJ with the classic LED displays. This enables longer working hours with battery operation.
The high-contrast LCD display is also easier to read under very bright light, especially outside in sunlight.
However, the housing, and especially the LCD display, is less robust. For tough and rough use, we still would recommend the TJ as the more reliable model. Also, the liquid crystals in an LCD display might freeze at below -5C°, for an LED cold weather is no problem.
There is no difference in the measuring technology, the load cell of the respective version (e.g. TJ6K and TJ6KY) is identical in both scales, and the size of the weighing surface is 30 * 22 cm for both scales.